Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisers (online at www.napf.org) provides a financial advisor checklist that will help you determine whether you've found the right advisor for your needs, as follows:
• Did she spend at least two hours at your initial meeting getting to know you, your financial situation, your goals, and your concerns?
• Did she fully answer your questions?
• Does she represent others within your income bracket range?
• Did she help you develop a strategy for improving your financial situation, establishing savings and retirement funds, and developing wealth?
• Did she provide you with supplemental materials that addressed your concerns or helped you learn?
• Did she fully explain any costs involved in the consultation or follow-up?
• Were her costs reasonable?
• Does she have a solid reputation?
• Did she help you create a workable strategy?